Thursday, January 24, 2008

It's Freakin' Cold

Late last night when I let the dogs out, the temperature here was like 5 degrees, which meant that the wind chill was at least 5 below. The wind was blowing so hard yesterday evening our whole house was whistling. This morning as I drove to work, the bank clock showed a big fat goose egg--zero degrees--but thankfully the wind had died down overnight so it probably only felt like zero instead of 10 below. How sad is it when you're thankful for zero degrees!? I know I'm always talking about how much I love the snow, but the bitter freezing cold is a whole other story and I have to say I'm quite tired of it!

So yesterday over the lunch hour the empty gas light in my car came on, and of course I ignored it, as I've often been known to do. On the way home from work, with the wind howling the way it was, I wasn't about to stop and get out of my car until I was safe in the confines of my own garage. This morning, gas was again a no-go; per my previous remark, it was ZERO. I almost put it off until tomorrow when it's supposed to be a little warmer, and then heading home for lunch today I finally broke down and filled up. I decided that getting out of the car to stand for a few minutes in the cold would be better than getting out of the car to walk in the cold when I ran out of gas!

I still wish I could have held out one more day to get gas, since filling up when it was 12 degrees today at lunch wasn't exactly ideal. Tomorrow we're supposed to have a high of 39!! It's going to feel like a heat wave! :)

No comments: