Sunday, January 06, 2008

A Beautiful Bowl (of Oranges)

Honestly, I don't even know what to say about the Orange Bowl. If I had to describe it in one word, I guess it would be amazing. I just can't explain how incredible it was being there and how thankful I am that we were able to go!

In the days leading up to the game, I have to admit that I was less than confident about our chances of winning. I think it was partially because it had been so long since we'd seen the Jayhawks play. Before all of our other games this year we were able to look back at the previous week and recall how well our team had played, and we could draw on that memory for confidence. For this game, it was just impossible to say that we'd been playing well lately, since we hadn't played recently at all! Then after Oklahoma got blown out by West Virginia in the Fiesta Bowl, I started to wonder if the Big 12 was even very good at all. In addition, I think I was starting to buy in to all of the pregame media coverage, in which pretty much every analyst except Lou Holtz expected us to lose. I think it made the victory doubly sweet since we were able to win and prove everyone wrong!

The whole environment was just so intense and electric--it was like no other game that I'd ever been to, that's for sure! I'll write more about it tomorrow, but for now feel free to check out our pictures and the coverage in the Lawrence Journal-World. Congrats to our beloved Jayhawks!

1 comment:

Erin said...

So glad you had a great time! I'm anxious to hear if you made it to Epcot or anywhere else fun.