Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year to You and Merry Christmas to Us

I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year's Day. Chad and I spent our day watching a little football while packing, preparing to enjoy our Christmas present to each other. Tomorrow we're off to Florida to see our Jayhawks play in the Orange Bowl. We're actually flying into Orlando (our friend Terry found some super cheap flights on Air Tran) and then driving the 3 or so hours down to Miami. We figured that since we'd be renting a car anyway, and since the drive along the Florida coastline would be beautiful, it was definitely worth the money we'd save to drive a few extra hours.

We were so looking forward to the beautiful Miami weather, especially since today the wind chill was brutal--in the single digits. Unfortunately, there is a cold front blowing into Miami and the high there tomorrow is supposed to be about 57! That's the same expected temperature during the game on Thursday night, so I guess the good news is that it will feel more like football weather to us!

We're thinking about going to Epcot on Friday since we'll be driving back to Orlando to fly home anyway. Chad's never been, and I was there only once when I was 14. Whether we end up going or not will depend on how tired we are from the game the night before. Hopefully we'll be exhausted because we'll have spent the late evening hours celebrating!!

I'm so nervous about the game already! It's so hard to get a feel for our chances when we haven't seen the Jayhawks play in over a month. I know if we play to our potential we can win, but from what I hear we're pretty evenly matched with the Hokies. It will be a challenge for the boys in blue, to say the least. Hopefully, the Jayhawk faithful will come out in full force and help propel our beloved football team to victory over Virginia Tech. ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Have a ton of fun and be safe! I will be rooting for the Hawks. I hope y'all do make it to Epcot. Actually Hollywood Studios is more fun if you like roller coasters. The Aerosmith Rockin' Roller Coaster is the best one ever! Animal Kingdom is really neat to. Guess you don't have that much time though.

Beth said...

Enjoy the game! We'll be rooting from Guate for sure.

I'll be interested in your opinion of Air Tran (or as I refer to them, "Air Scam" because of some canceled flight trickery my first time using the airline. :) Hopefully your flights go smoothly!