Thursday, January 31, 2008

President Picker

I totally meant to include this information in the other night's blog post about the upcoming caucuses and just forgot. During the last presidential election I used website called presidentmatch.com (now defunct) to figure out how my own views on important issues lined up with those views of the candidates. While I might not be the most politically savvy person in the world (or even in my own household), I still want to make an informed decision when I vote.

So this year I searched for similar websites to help me figure out which candidates I agreed with on important issues. I take these surveys with a grain of salt, mind you--even if I agreed with a candidate 100% I most certainly wouldn't vote for them if I thought he or she was a generally deplorable person. Regardless, I still think this kind of quiz can be helpful and informative. Here are a few links I found:

Candidate Match Game
(from USA Today)

Choose Your Candidate

(from the Washington Post)

Match-O-Matic

(from ABC News)

Presidential Candidate Matching Quiz for 2008

(from GoToQuiz.com)

2008 Presidential Candidate Selector
(from SelectSmart.com)

Glassbooth Election 2008
(from Glassbooth.org)

Select a Candidate 2008
(from a Quad Cities TV station in Illinois)

If I kept searching, I could probably find loads more of these types of surveys, but I think these will probably suffice. They each only take about 5 minutes to fill out, so for a mere 35 minutes of your time you can become a much more informed voter!

No comments: