Sunday, July 15, 2007

A Week Away From Training Day

I'm actually dying to talk about the Old 97s, but I just haven't quite had the time to sit down and write the details of the whole evening. That's actually a good thing, because it means that this weekend I wasn't flat on my back in bed most of the time! After my injection on Thursday, Friday was slightly better (although it was hard to tell for sure because I took painkillers), and then Saturday I woke up feeling tons better! It was crazy! It was the first day I could actually walk without hunching or limping, and it was so wonderful. I actually went to Target in the morning and the shelter in the afternoon. I took out some small dogs (Chad made me promise not to take out anyone bigger than Celtic) and took lots of pictures. This morning I actually sat through church and equip (Sunday School) with no ice pack or TENS unit, so I'm definitely making progress. I'm just amazed that it happened so fast!

Tonight I went with Chad to walk the dogs for the first time since the 4th, and my back felt just fine. I feel like my spinal health is at least back to where it was prior to my disc aggravation, so now I'm a little more confident about starting my 3-Day training, which is scheduled to begin in a week! I'm ready to walk!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wicked awesome! May the healing continue!

Erin said...

I am so happy for you Kim!!!