Monday, July 09, 2007

Happy Birthday, Brother!

Today is a very important day because it's the b-day of my one and only brother! Happy birthday, Eric! I know I tend to talk about my brother a lot, but that's only because I'm super proud of him. He's an ultra-smart, ultra-talented, ultra-funny and ultra-fun guy, and I love him very much!

If you've read my blog before there's probably not a lot I can tell you about my bro that you don't already know. He's my only sibling, which I think makes me more attached to him than some sisters might be to their brothers. As a child I followed him and his friends around and always wanted to be doing what they were doing, so needless to say I made a lot of forts, played with lots of Star Wars action figures, and pushed around a lot of Hot Wheels! I thought he was pretty awesome then, and I think he's pretty awesome now!

Eric is exactly two years and one month older than I am, which meant that for a very short time when we were about 11 and 13, I was almost as tall as he was (girls hit that growth spurt sooner than boys, you know). A few times people asked us if we were twins, and while I took that as a compliment, it nearly sent my brother through the roof. However, I now know exactly how he felt, because several times in the last few years when people have met my brother they've asked which one of us is older, which is certainly not a compliment to me! He looks way too good for his age!

Since Eric lives in Los Angeles, we don't get to see each other very often, so I'm really looking forward to our upcoming trip to our dad's house in Ohio where we can spend a long weekend hanging out together. We have tons of fun when we're together and he always makes me laugh. I'm so excited to see him!

Happy Birthday, Big Brother! I hope you have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Happy Birthday Eric!!!!

Anonymous said...

He still looks 12...

Anonymous said...

Great picture! What a terrific sister! The duo makes a mother proud! =)Anyone want to hear any stories???
Just kidding. SA