Monday, July 23, 2007

Crazy Cats and a Crazy Camera

Yesterday I finally went to my mom's in Topeka to meet the two crazy cats who've been keeping her up at night. Okay, maybe not all night, but they've been waking her up way too early in the morning by pouncing and playing on the bed where she's trying to sleep!

Despite their behavioral issues, and despite the fact that I'm not a cat person, I really enjoyed meeting Kingston and Patches, evidenced by the fact that I took a ridiculous number of pictures. I'm seriously out of control with that camera, but they were both so cute I just couldn't help it. I wanted to make sure I captured their personalities digitally since there are people in my family who haven't yet had the chance to meet them!

Kingston is a beautiful boy who was very outgoing and playful, although he seemed a little nervous about the neighbor cat who was banging on the patio door and meowing at him. He loves flying through the air jumping after his "birdie on a stick" toy. He's a bit of a stinker when it comes to dominating his adopted sister, who is extremely shy and generally hides under the furniture until coaxed out. She eventually worked up enough courage to come out and mingle during my visit, although she wasn't keen on me petting her at all. Sudden movements and strange people don't make her happy! She did seem to enjoy playing with a length of knotted rope for a while though. I guess she likes the bird on a stick too, but when Kingston is playing with it she doesn't interfere! She is a beautiful cat with very unique markings, and hopefully she'll eventually come out of her shell!

Those of you who are cat fanciers might be interested in all of the pictures and video from yesterday's visit, but beware--I went a little crazy with the camera!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You? Take a lot of pictures? This is an entirely new side of your personality.

Erin said...

Glad they are getting along okay. Hope your mom can get some sleep soon!

kjl said...

Hopefully they'll start settling into a routine soon and quit being a pain in the early mornings. Either way, I think they're pretty darn cute! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures.I'm also glad you liked them. Those two found a way to my heart immediately. They have been doing a little better at night but today I took Jacquiline to the zoo, and I think they slept all day...ah well. Thanks for coming over to see them too...now if we could get all the "kids" to accept each other. =) sa