Thursday, May 03, 2007

The Streak (Has Ended With Social Suppers)

I'll bet you didn't even know I had a streak going, did you? If you are super duper observant you may have noticed that the last several (12 to be exact, if you count this one) posts have shared titles with songs. Pretty sneaky, huh? I really have no idea how that started. I guess after a couple of song titles in a row came to mind kind of by accident, I started deliberately trying to think of them. Sometimes I even went as far as to search the Internet for a related song. The point is, tonight I wanted to share that yesterday we signed up to go to Social Suppers, which is much like Menu Makers that I attended last fall. While I might have been able to find a song title related to food or eating, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have found one that mention the words social and supper, which means that in 6 months when Chad asks me when it was that we went to Social Suppers, I won't be saying "I have no idea...I can't seem to find the post on my blog!" But really, that's more explanation than you actually needed!

While the Menu Makers food got mixed reviews, we couldn't deny that it was crazy convenient and very economical. When the very similar Social Suppers opened up here in Lawrence recently, we decided it was worth another try, especially since we don't have to drive to Topeka to do it! The menu looked good this month, and quite frankly, things are so busy right now it will be really nice to have dinners already prepared in advance, with bonus leftovers! If you feel like joining us for Social Suppers next Wednesday, just let us know and we'll help you get registered!

No comments: