Tuesday, May 08, 2007

It's Official!!

California, here we come! Last night I officially registered the Jayhawks for Jugs for the San Diego 3-Day!! Thanks to those of you who helped us decide on a team name by voting. Although the event is still 6 months away, I'm already very excited. The good news is, we have lots of time to prepare and fundraise. The bad news is, November will take forever to get here!

I probably don't really need to start fundraising this early, but since I also need to secure some donations for the Relay for Life in the next couple of months, I'm thinking I'll just send out one email to handle both solicitations. That way, people can either give towards my 3-Day adventure, or they can honor/memorialize a loved one who has battled a different kind of cancer through the Relay. Plus, I'll be bothering my friends and family with one annoying "ask for money" email instead of two, which I know will make my husband very happy. He's convinced that people will start running the other way when they see me coming, since I'm almost always looking for donations for one cause or another. I can't help it--there are a few causes in this world (homeless dogs and cancer being two of them) that I'm really passionate about!

My friend and teammate Vikkie certainly hasn't wasted any time getting started with her fundraising. She registered this morning at about 9:00 a.m. This evening at 5:30 p.m., she had already raised $695!! She's a fundraising rock star! I'll definitely be sending out emails soon so she quits making me look bad! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And they're off......

Best of luck. I get tired driving 60 miles.