Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Super (but not so social) Social Suppers

Earlier this month, I blogged about our upcoming trip to the new Social Suppers store here in Lawrence. A couple of people have asked me how we're enjoying the meals so far, so I thought I'd better give our report.

First, the actual visit to Social Suppers was great. The staff was super friendly and helpful, and things were so convenient. Together, we were able to make 10 dinners in about 45 minutes, primarily because we were the only people in the store! We got totally personal attention, but it certainly wasn't very social!

So at this point, we've eaten 5 of our 10 dinners, and we've been extremely pleased with all of them! The KC Strip was fantastic, and I'm not even a steak eater. We've enjoyed White Fish Vera Cruz, Balsamic BBQ Chicken, Bacon Wrapped Turkey Breasts in Blueberry Sauce, and Lone Star Steak & Penne Pasta. Chad wasn't so much a fan of the steak and pasta that we had tonight because it had kind of a tangy salsa sauce that had a lot of black beans, and he's not a big bean fan in general, but I loved it and am excited to eat the leftovers tomorrow!

So clearly, we're big fans of the Social Suppers! The next time we go, we're definitely taking friends along, because we want this place to stay in business! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Viva las Social Suppers! Or should it be vivas?

Have I mentioned that I barely passed all four semesters of Spanish at KU?

kjl said...

I think we're going to need the Mildrens' help on this one--no habla Espanol.