Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Snow Beautiful Snow!

If you've read my blog before or know me at all, you probably realize that I absolutely love pictures. I love taking them, looking a them, editing them and sharing them. Today is a day that I wish I had my camera. The snow is absolutely beautiful! There were about 3 inches at our house this morning, which was just enough to cover most of the grass and make everything white. Because it was such a wet snow, tons of it stuck to the trees, leading to a gorgeous "Winter Wonderland" effect. Since I was one of the first people to leave the neighborhood, the snow was almost completely untouched and just so amazing! Can you tell I like snow?

Since I didn't have my real camera, I tried taking some pictures with the 1 megapixel camera on my Palm Pilot. I went to several different windows around my office building, attempting to capture the beautiful snowfall. There is one office in particular on the 3rd floor of the south side of the building that has the most amazing view of the south part of Lawrence. I tried to capture it, but the snow was just so bright white it didn't turn out at all. The only picture that was remotely cool was this one, which is from the 3rd floor, looking north out the front windows, overlooking the foyer. You can sort of see how pretty things are! Maybe I should start taking my real camera everywhere for just such a photo opportunity!

1 comment:

The Tilted Tulip said...

Will you please take a couple of sled rides down the KU hills for me? --It's good to know snow still exists.