Friday, February 16, 2007

My Birthday Boy

There is another very important birthday in my life this week--my dear husband is turning 35 today! Happy birthday, CW!! I could probably write for hours about what a wonderful, affectionate, funny, smart, loving, loyal, hard-working husband he is, but I'll spare you all the superfluous details! Let's just say that I feel like one of the luckiest people in the world because I have a spouse that makes me so happy!

Chad's special birthday present is a trip to The Improv Comedy Club at Zona Rosa in Kansas City tonight with some of our good friends. Darrell Hammond was supposed to be the headliner, so we were very excited! However, we just got a call from the box office to tell us that Darrell has canceled his show! ACK!! I'm so bummed, but the good news is, they are refunding our money and giving us complimentary tickets to the replacement show instead. While I've never heard of the guy who is performing (his name is Jeremy Schachter), he has a Comedy Central special coming out soon, so he can't be all bad. Besides, when we were there the last time, the opening act was someone we'd never heard of, and he turned out to be absolutely hilarious! I still have very high hopes for the evening!

No comments: