Monday, February 05, 2007

Honorable Mention

I felt the need to add to yesterday's post about the Super Bowl. I totally forgot to mention the hilarious promo for Letterman featuring Oprah. While I'm not a fan of the O, that was absolutely classic considering the ongoing fued/relationship that they've had over the years. We don't watch Letterman much anymore thanks to The Colbert Report, but we made a point not to miss Oprah's "homecoming" to the show back in December of 2005. This promo was just so funny if you knew the history between the two.



I also forgot to mention another Budweiser commercial that I found very amusing. I thought the one where the guy picks up a hitchhiker with an ax just because he has a case of Bud Light was pretty funny. There was also a good Sprint Broadband spot about "Connectile Dysfunction." We also laughed at the Blockbuster ad with the rabbit and guinea pig who were trying to use the mouse as a mouse. I guess the morning polls indicated the Budweiser crabs were the favorite commercial of the night, but that one just didn't excite me. Crabs just aren't cute and cuddly enough, I guess.

Speaking of cute and cuddly, did anyone else find the one with the GM robot that got fired almost heart-wrenching? I almost got teary-eyed when he was going to do himself in. I think the fact that I got emotionally attached to a robot in a 30-second commercial officially makes me a sap.

I also forgot to mention yesterday that I really enjoyed the half-time show with Prince. While I'm not a huge fan or anything, I was quite impressed that he performed so well in the pouring down rain! He's a great guitarist, and I thought he sounded pretty darn good vocally too, especially considering he's 48 years old! I must say I was also very impressed that those two girls dancing around him never fell down while wearing high heels on a slick stage. The jamming marching band was a very fun addition to the show as well. I much preferred the half-time show to whatever it was that was going on before the game. We only caught a few seconds of that, but it looked like a crazy mess of visual and auditory over-stimulation! Yikes!

No comments: