Sunday, February 04, 2007

Luce, Party Of Two

In case you missed it, today's Super Bowl was super sloppy. It was pouring rain in Miami, and there was a ridiculous number of fumbles due to the wet ball. While we weren't super thrilled with the outcome (we're not exactly fans of Peyton's whiny face), we did have a super nice time together watching the game. The funny thing is, we had actually planned to have a Super Bowl party today, but as it turns out, Chad and I were the only ones who could make it! A friend suggested watching the game at our house a couple of weeks ago, but we were a little slow about asking other friends to come over. Everyone we asked to join us either already had plans, had child bedtime issues, had work conflicts, was traveling, or had homework to do--or so they told us! ;) Next year we will certainly start making our plans for a Super Bowl party much earlier!

As it turned out, neither of us really felt very well this afternoon, so we were actually sort of glad we had nothing to do except sit on the couch and watch football! We forewent dinner and instead made a half batch of Amber's famous 3-2-1 dip (3 8 oz. cream cheeses, 2 Ro*tels, and 1 pound sausage) and a huge plate of raw veggies with my favorite T. Marzetti's® Buffalo Ranch Veggie Dip (which is so good it makes me want to eat my vegetables!). We lounged, snuggled on the couch and ate Super Bowl snacks while I uploaded all of the dog pictures I took yesterday. It was so relaxing! We even watched all of the commercials instead of fast-forwarding them like we usually do. I think my favorite was the K. Fed spot (although I have to admit I didn't remember what it was for). The FedEx one right after that was pretty funny too. There were some good Budweisers (rock/paper/scissors, wedding auctioneer, spotted dog), and I also liked the Emerald Nuts one with Robert Goulet. Very random and very funny. If you missed any of them, you can check out ALL the Super Bowl commercials online!

Hope your Super Bowl was super as well!

No comments: