Thursday, February 15, 2007

A B-Day V-Day

Happy Valentine's Day! Okay, so I'm day late on this one. Yesterday evening was just so full of quality time with my hubby, there was just no time for blogging. What I really wanted to blog about wasn't actually Valentine's, but rather a very special person that I know who happens to have a birthday on February 14th. Our dear friend Quillen turned 12 yesterday! I was especially excited about her birthday this year because of the momentous occasion that was scheduled to go along with it. The last couple of years, Quillen has been growing her hair out for Locks of Love, an organization that provides hairpieces for children suffering from medically related hair loss. Yesterday was the day she was supposed to get it all cut off! Unfortunately, my dear friend got sick and had to cancel the appointment. Is there a bigger bummer than getting sick on your birthday when you're a kid? I honestly can't think of one! Hopefully she'll be back on her feet soon so that she can enjoy her ceremonial haircutting! Feel better Quillen, and happy belated birthday!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope Quillen feels better and tell her that her donation to others with cancer is wonderful. She must be a very special girl.