Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Food Stylist?

Since I know I'm not going to finish my story about Day 1 of the 3-Day this evening, I thought I'd quickly share something that I found rather thought provoking instead. Last week I was running a report at work for which I had to query the job title of a bunch of alumni in our database. While double checking my data, I came across a woman on my list with the job title of "Food Stylist." I wracked my brain for a while trying to think of what in the world a food stylist would do. Arrange pictures for a photo shoot? Prepare platters in a fancy restaurant? Was it maybe just a typo? Those were really the only options I could come up with. I Googled the words and found this info about food stylists on a website about prospective careers:

"Food stylists prepare food for trade shows, commercials, movies, & photographs."

So apparently my first guess wasn't such a bad one! Who knew--and who knew food stylists need a bachelor's degree and can earn up to $850 a day and face a lot of competition in their industry?!

No comments: