Thursday, November 29, 2007

Coaches vs. Obesity

You may have already seen this, but my friend Beth sent this to me via email this morning, with a subject line of "1st Annual Coaches vs. Obesity Classic." Classic is right. I think it's freakin' hilarious, although if you're like my husband you probably don't find it nearly as amusing.



While clearly a fake picture (Mangino is much fatter than that in person), it still cracks me up. I love it that formerly fatter coaches Bill Parcells and Charlie Weis are there cheering on Mangino and the Tennessee coach, who in real life isn't fat at all, comparatively speaking. It would have probably been a funnier picture if the larger coach behind them, who Chad tells me is Ralph Friedgen from Maryland, was the one Mangino was wrestling. Chad and I were having an argument earlier about who is bigger in real life. I think Mangino has at least a chin on Friedgen--maybe you can be the judge.

What I think is so funny is that the alumni and students of all these other schools make these funny jokes and pictures with Mangino as the butt, but KU fans don't find them offensive at all! There's no denying that Mangino is morbidly obese, so we've learned to just embrace the bulge and laugh right along!

No comments: