Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Picasa Pictures

I think I've mentioned before how much I love pictures. I'm like Abigail Breslin in that commercial (I think it's for Kodak) where she talks about how if she didn't have pictures, she wouldn't remember anything...or something to that effect. I love looking back through my picture folders on the computer (since I can't seem to find the time to actually put them into albums these days) to revisit the significant and not so significant moments in our lives.

A few months ago I was telling my brother that I needed to find a better picture sharing website, because I wasn't really that thrilled with any that I'd used or seen so far. He told me about Picasa, a free product from Google for editing, enhancing, organizing and sharing your photos. I wasn't really that interested in the editing/enhancing part, but after playing around with it a while, I actually think some of the effects are kind of cool (see the fun [albeit kind of old] pictures of our nephews below)! I also like the way it organizes your photos for you, so that you can quickly and easily see what each folder contains. Loading the pictures onto the web for sharing is much easier than with the previous site I was using, and adding captions was faster as well. I also really like the way the slide show displays large images that take up entire screen, and not just in a tiny little window on the page. I haven't gotten the chance to upload very many albums yet, but so far, I like it! If you want to check it out, here's a link to our Picasa page!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

its a HP printers commercial not Kodak.

kjl said...

Ah ha! Thanks....complete stranger. No wonder I couldn't find it on YouTube. Now that you've corrected me, here's a link to it for anyone who hasn't seen the ad to which I'm referring. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZtGdjcHBx4

vwiese said...

I love it, I am signing up today!!!

kjl said...

Oh, and I forgot to mention that the other thing I really love is that you can download any pictures you like in their original size so they'll be good for printing. So many of those "sharing" sites only let you download a poor-quality version of the picture, which makes it really difficult to actually share them!