Thursday, March 08, 2007

Like Our Self

Most of you have probably already seen this by now, but a coworker just sent this to me yesterday after seeing a link to it in the Lawrence Journal-World. It won't be that funny if you haven't heard Coach Self talk before, but for those of you who are KU basketball (or Duke or Creighton) fans, you will probably find this hilarious. It's a video of a couple of Creighton's players interviewing each other for a halftime show. One of the kids, Nick Bahe, walked on at Kansas a few years ago before transferring to Dana Altman's team. Nick does an amazing impression of Coach Self, which actually starts just over half way through the video. It is so dead on!



I think if Nick doesn't succeed in his Journalism career, he could always fall back on a career as a stand-up comic!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just watched this yesterday and was cracking up! Nick totally has the voice and mannerisms down, but I have to give props to my husband who I believe does an even better impression. I keep talking big about this yet-undiscovered talent (outside the confines of our house), so we need to convince him to do his Bill Self impersonation when we're together sometime. He says he still needs practice, but I disagree. My favorite is for him to talk about the game in the car on the way home from the game, then listen to the post-game show and make some comparisons to what the actual Bill Self says! Jake's usually pretty on target.

The Tilted Tulip said...

that's pretty fantastic! thanks for passing that on...

kjl said...

Amber, I'm dying to hear Jake's impression now! We have to coax it out of him next time we see you guys! Maybe if we play on Sunday everyone can come over and he can perform for us. :)