Monday, March 05, 2007

Formatting Frenzy

Today at work, while I was waiting for my reports to run, I started messing around with different templates for my blog. I was dissatisfied with the way the archives were listed on the previous format, because I could never seem to find the previous posts for which I was looking. I'd seen several new formats that had an archive hierarchy, so you could see the name of each post month by month, without looking through an entire month's worth of posts to find a particular subject. Half the reason I blog in the first place is to help remember the important details (times, dates, places) of our life, so I was frustrated that I couldn't easily access those details!

Unfortunately, many of the templates that Blogger provides don't really work well with my picture-happy posts, because the space where your text goes is so darn narrow. With the last template I used, I modified some of the graphics and changed the HTML so that the space would be wider, but I just don't feel like going to all of that trouble again right now. Maybe on another day I'll get motivated, but for now I think this will have to do.

So I apologize if any of you, my loyal readers, had problems viewing any posts today while I was goofing around with them today. For now, I think I'm done, so let me know what you think of the new format!

2 comments:

James said...

I don't know, Kim...I'm kinda resistant to change. Not so sure I like Luce Chatter 2.0. I'm sure I'll survive this transition though. So, keep on chatting, you crazy Luce.

kjl said...

I value your opinion, my friend! Maybe I'll mix up the colors a little and see if that helps your transition! :)