Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Allergy Alert!

In the last few weeks, I think I've gone through at least 2 boxes of tissue and 2 rolls of toilet paper just sneezing and blowing my nose. This morning I sneezed 15 times before 10 a.m. What is the deal? Is anyone else having abnormally severe symptoms? I have always had allergies, but normally I'm more burdened with them in the fall than the spring. This year they seem to have started way earlier than normal, and I'm not so happy about it! I have to take a package of tissue with me everywhere--I'm like a grandma with tissues throughout my purse and stuffed up my sleeve (just kidding...I really don't stuff them up my sleeve--they're in my pockets). It's really ridiculous. I read some news articles that indicated pollen counts are at record highs this year, and they suggest that you limit your time outside to avoid the allergens. That doesn't seem to be helping me at all, since I spent my whole morning sneezing and blowing at my desk!

I really need to quit complaining about it and get off my duff to call the doctor for a refill of Nasonex. In fact, I'm going to quit typing and do it right now! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you on the allergies. I'm pretty sure I've been popping so many Benadryl I should own stock in the company. The worst part for me is the itchy throat--it feels like it's covered in whatever is in that black and white photo you posted. There is clearly something in Kansas I am allergic to that we didn't have in Nebraska. I love Kansas and all (I've actually been called a Kansas evangelist a couple of times lately) but I'm not the only Nebraska transplant that has developed allergies after moving here!

kjl said...

I'm so sorry Kansas has been bad to your allergies! I would have guessed the climates and foliage in KS and NE to be about the same, but clearly I would have guessed wrong!