Monday, October 26, 2009

Pumpkin Pics

Tonight our good friends Pat and Kristin hosted a lovely little pumpkin carving party, and I kind of dig my creation of the evening. I had a bit of a hard time deciding what to make, but my decision was helped along a little by our little pica dog Hope. Tonight as we left for our walk, she walked out the front door and took one sniff of my pumpkin on the front porch and tried to pick it up by the stem. I guess she thought she was going to take it somewhere to eat it? Regardless, she couldn't lift it and it rolled down off the steps, so it had a big bruise on one side.

So even though the bruise was on the flat, discolored, bumpy side of the pumpkin, I decided to use that ugly side as inspiration for my carving. It seemed like the perfect canvas for this masterpiece!


Behold the sickly, barfing jack-o-lantern! After adding Beth's suggested low ears, I unwittingly created kind of a likeness of Sloth.

After getting a few pictures of my barfing Sloth I took a few shots of the other cool pumpkins I bought out at Schaake's over the weekend. I love their stuff! Check out the awesome warty one, especially!

2 comments:

cw said...

That pumpkin looks like how I felt when I found the ants in my fountain soda.

Anonymous said...

I particularly like the pumpking barfing on the steps. I'll bet a lot of kids will say "oooh!" to that one. As for the ants,Chad,at least the seeds aren't moving. sa