Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Blog-A-Holic

I'm sure this will sound completely insane, but I've been thinking for quite some time now about starting a new blog. It's probably painfully obvious that I like blogging, but the fact that I'm a blog addict isn't really the reason I feel the need for another one. In actuality, I've just found that what I feel like talking about a lot of the time is related to one of my life's major passions--dog rescue. While I often post dog-related content to my personal blog, there are so many other dog-related articles, pictures, links and rants that I end up not posting, so as not to overwhelm my blog (and the few family members and friends who read it) with one particular subject. Obviously, not all of my friends and family members are as passionate as I am about saving dogs and educating the world about pet overpopulation. I don't want to bore my few loyal readers with articles and websites they don't care about or speeches they've heard from my soapbox a million other times.

With that said, I want to do everything I possibly can to save the dogs at our shelter and the thousands of other shelters around the country. I want to educate the public about the plight of shelter dogs and the problem of pet overpopulation. I want to provide resources for those wonderful people who choose to adopt dogs instead of buying from a breeder. I want to be an advocate in every way possible for dog rescue. While my personal blog might be semi-interesting to people who know and care about the Luces, it most certainly isn't going to attract any visitors outside of our family or friends. I need a forum that's appropriate for and accessible to the outside world. I need a dog blog.

My first step is picking out a name for my new blog. There were a lot of names I thought of (including dogblog.blogspot.com) that were actually already taken, but most don't actually have any content. It appears that several other people started dog blogs and then quit after just one or two posts. Hopefully my dog blog will continue on for many years to come!!

So here's how you can help me get my dog blog started: vote in the poll below for your favorite blog name! I've compiled a few that I came up with that are still available, all of which I'm hoping will convey the overall purpose of my blog--to save dogs!



Thanks so much for your vote!! :)

No comments: