Thursday, December 06, 2007

Snowy Season

There are so many things that Ive been wanting to blog about lately, but today I just have to mention the beautiful first snowfall that we had today! Just a few minutes after I got to work the snow started coming down, and it was absolutely gorgeous. It went from fine powdery flakes to huge clumps of flakes to so many flakes you could hardly see! I tried to take pictures out my office window, but I only had my Palm camera and not my real camera, and the quality was so low that it just looked like a big mass of white through the glass. I opted to use this cool picture from the Lawrence Journal-World instead to help me remember the day. It snowed until almost 2:30, and we ended up with around 2 inches on the ground. I'm probably one of the few people in my office that was hoping for the snow to continue all day, since I don't mind driving in snowy weather at all!

While I do love the snow just for being snow, I also loved the weather today because for the first time this year it actually felt like the Christmas season! Hooray for my favorite holiday of the year!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Kimberlini....did you write this post just to incite jealously?!?!?!

Okay, while on one hand I am dying for a cold, cloudy, and especially snowy day--on the other, James and I have chosen to go to a tropical island for a week instead of coming back early. So there you have it. Cognitive dissonance :)

Enjoy the snow and driving!

Erin said...

Brrrr! I'm glad you enjoy the snow. That is one of the reasons I moved south! Do the dogs like snow?