Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Slinkyness

It's probably pretty clear that I'm mildly insane, based on the fact that this is my second post about a dog who stayed with us for barely over 24 hours. I just can't help it--Slinky was such a doll! In that one short day, with just a few hours of loving human contact, she made such a huge amount of progress. She was almost like a normal house dog, as opposed to the terrified little runaway we'd captured the night before. She started following us all over the house, and while still skittish and nervous, she would allow us to pet her, give us lots of nose kisses and even come when she was called. She had no accidents in the house, although clearly she hadn't been a house dog before, since each and every piece of furniture, counter and tabletop became a climbing apparatus for her! It was hilarious to watch her explore the house, and I wish I'd captured pictures of her standing on the coffee table and climbing over the firewood rack! Of course, I quickly told her "no" in those situations, so there wasn't really time to grab the camera! I did, of course, take a few other pictures of her yesterday evening.






The neighbors who are going to train her and find her a permanent home came to pick her up last night, and she seemed very comfortable with them, as she laid right down in the middle of the living room while we all discussed her care. Tonight I saw Slinky and her foster family walk by the house, so I went out to say hi, and she walked right up to me without fear! I didn't get to talk to them much because I was on the phone (sorry, Kelly), but they said she is doing well! I'm so happy for Slinky!

No comments: