Wednesday, December 19, 2007

It's Official

I can't believe almost a week has gone by since I've posted anything! It's not that I haven't had stuff to talk about in the last week--just that I haven't had time to say it! I know everyone can sympathize with the craziness of the holidays, so I won't bother to tell you the details of all the holiday parties, shopping, and Christmas card lists. I'll save that for later. :)

What I will tell you about tonight is some good news that came out of the Luce household this week. Yesterday an official announcement was finally made about a job Chad had interviewed for many weeks ago, and I'm proud to say my dear hubby received the promotion! As of January 1, he will be the new manager for customer and community relations in Westar's northern territory. In his words, he's graduated to middle management--the new Michael Scott of the energy company.

In all seriousness, I am very proud of him, and he does have some very big challenges ahead. Being a first time supervisor will be even more complicated because of the existing relationships with his new employees. He'll be leading a team that includes his former boss (awkwardness), a coworker who has worked at the company for 28 years who also interviewed for the job (more awkwardness), and his best friend (not sure how they'll ever be serious enough to get anything done). I think he has his work cut out for him, but I'm sure he's up for the challenge.

I've already said way more than Chad wanted me to about the new job. His suggestion was that I write this:

"Chad got a new job. Seeyalaterbye."

I have a feeling he'll be a boss of few words. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow and congratulations to Chad. It sounds like it will be a challenge, but he will be good as a manager. Let him know that this mom is very proud and happy for you both. mom

Anonymous said...

Yes, again, congrats Chad! We have no doubt you will be excellent in this new role. And Kim, thanks so much for a new blog entry. I was simultaneously going into withdrawl and worried about you!

vwiese said...

RICK!!! Great Job, I am so proud of you!!!!