Monday, April 09, 2007

Play Ball!!

Because I'm sure you're all dying to know, I just got back from my first softball games of the season, and our women's team is 2-0 for the first time in our 2 season history! Hooray!!! We all batted really well--our team had at least 3 home runs, 3 triples and 3 doubles, along with tons of base hits. We won the first game like 21-5 and the second about 14-5 (those are rough estimates, by the way). I was a little worried about playing again this season, partially because of my bulging disc and partially because I thought my skills were starting to diminish with my increasing age. However, I'm breathing a sigh of relief tonight because two of those triples were mine! :) I think I may have hit one triple all of last season, so I'm really excited, to say the least!

Starting the season off with a double header is always a challenge. Playing two games in a row (in the cold, no less) after not sprinting, throwing and batting for more than six months really exhausts the old muscles. I'll be lucky if I can walk tomorrow! As a precautionary measure, I'm going to go soak in a hot bath before bed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kim "two triples" Luce - you must be getting faster with age!