Monday, April 30, 2007

Centerfield

It wasn't exactly center field, but actually somewhere around left center. The point is, I hit my first ever home run tonight in softball! I'm really not trying to be boastful, but because it might be the only one I ever hit, I want to make sure I remember when and where it happened! I don't have a memory for sporting events like my husband does!

The entire game was really just quite amazing. This was a team we lost to multiple times last year in our women's league! Granted, we've swapped out a few players since that season, but tonight we hit like champs, scoring 20 runs in one inning! My friend Robyn hit two home runs in the game and our friend Hope hit another. The other team's pitcher kind of struggled, and their infield wasn't so strong, but mostly we just hit a lot of line drives. My home run was actually a line drive that went over the left center fielder's head and rolled almost to the fence!

It felt so great to hit well after being 0-4 in our co-ed game yesterday. Yesterday afternoon I wasn't such a happy camper after getting the 3rd out of the last inning, especially since we only lost by two runs. It was a total bummer, so please indulge me as I celebrate this win a little more than I normally would! :)

3 comments:

matt kirkland said...

Whoohoo!

Congrats.

Anonymous said...

Good job, Slugger! Hopefully, I'll hit one out of the infield next week!

kjl said...

Thanks guys--for the comments and the congrats! :)