Thursday, February 28, 2008

Hands of the Rich and Famous

As I mentioned the other day, my dad lives in Ohio, and obviously right now there is a lot of campaigning going on in his state since the primary there is next Tuesday. On Monday, Bill Clinton was there to campaign for his wife, and my dad went to see him along with hundreds of other people in Athens. Dad said that after an impressive speech, the former president walked around the edge of the crowd for at least 20 minutes, shaking hands and talking one-on-one with people. Dad was about three people deep in the audience, but he still got to shake Bill Clinton's hand! I thought that was pretty darn cool! To see the whole story about Clinton's visit you can check out the Athens News.

On a related note, the other day Chad and I saw an advertisement that Rick Springfield was going to be on Oprah this week. After making some initial jokes about his missing in action status during the last two decades, I reminded my husband that when I was 13, I actually touched Rick Springfield's hand when he was in concert at the Bicentennial Center in Salina. So I've got that going for me, which is nice. :)

1 comment:

Beth said...

It's good to know you are going to die happy now that you've touched Rick Springfield's hand!

Oh you know I wish that I had Jesse's girl.......