Saturday, September 09, 2006

Smells Like Wet Dog

So this morning I am supposed to do a 10 mile training walk, this being the last weekend before my very long walk for the Breast Cancer 3-Day. When I awoke at 7:00, it was wet and rainy, so I got together my rainy day gear and checked the radar on weather.com. It looked like I might have a small window of opportunity to get in a few miles before the next burst of heavy rain came along, so I leash up the dogs and we set out through the sprinkles. Four miles later we are home, and I just finished the arduous task of cleaning off 12 wet feet and legs and 3 wet bellies. They are now pooped puppies, and they'll snooze the rest of the morning away while I head out for my remaining 6 miles. I think the rain is pushing to the north, but I'm bringing my rain jacket just in case!

No comments: