Sunday, February 07, 2010

Fun Footballs

Tonight we had a low-key Super Bowl party and about 10 of our friends came over to join us for the game. We rearranged the basement to create a little more seating, dragging the futon in from the other room and moving the bar table. No one even had to sit on the floor! I had a great time making loads of snacks--baked buffalo chicken strips, baked mozzarella cheese sticks, fresh guacamole and chips, cheese and crackers and venison sausage, cream cheese/sausage/Rotel dip (also known as crack dip) and another non-meat version with mushrooms, pigs in a blanket with turkey cocktail wieners, pretzels and mustard, a veggie tray with spicy peanut butter dip, and a fruit tray with fruit dip. It quite a load of food and it all turned out really good, if I do say so myself! For dessert, I made a recipe I found on allrecipes.com, and I had to take a picture because I was so proud when I was finished. I should have gone to get the good camera though, because I don't think my iPhone really did them justice.


Can you tell they're supposed to be footballs? Several people had to do a double take before they realized what they were. They were actually peanut butter cocoa crispy treats with little icing laces. They were pretty fun to make and pretty tasty!

I didn't really watch the game that closely or even the commercials that closely since I was usually busy talking, but I did love seeing Peyton Manning lose and the Saints win! The Saints so deserve it! We had a few Colts fans in our midst, but thankfully there were no hard feelings with some of us rooting against each other. We had a great time hanging out with our friends, but if you can believe it, I didn't actually even get the camera out to take any pictures! What was I thinking? That's totally unlike me!

5 comments:

James said...

Thanks so much to you both for having us over! Always a good time together, and all the snacks were de-licious! Especially the football-peanut butter-cocoa crispies....yum! And the crack dip. And the buffalo sauced chicken strips. And the mini dogs w/ mustard. I could keep going... Thanks again!

cw said...

Great grub and a great game! Thank you, bestest!

Beth said...

We had so much fun crashing the partay! Too bad the Colts had to lose, but at least the footballs were tasty (and still were, today, btw!)

Anonymous said...

The football cookies are so cute and I bet they are good. yea rice Krispies. Sounds like a good time.

Erin said...

Those are darling!!! Sounds like you had quite a feast. I'm so happy the Saints won too!