Sunday, November 14, 2010

Nebraska

This weekend we made a quick getaway trip to our neighboring state of Nebraska, where we met our good friends Jake and Amber and visited the college town of Lincoln for the first time. While the primary purpose of the trip was seeing our favorite Nebraskans, we also went to see our Jayhawks play the Cornhuskers in football. The game left a little to be desired (more on that later), but we had a nice time with Amber and Jake and their good friends (and our friends too) Amy and Brian, who we met up with after the game.

After our friends left Lincoln this morning, the highlight of my day was actually taking pictures in the really cool Haymarket district of Lincoln and the UNL campus. While I didn't have the lens I wanted and the light was entirely too bright for good pictures, I still had fun and got a few good shots. I didn't take the time to edit many of them and I uploaded them in a small file size so the quality isn't great, but I still want to share a little of the beauty of Lincoln!



3 comments:

amber said...

Thanks for letting us introduce you to Lincoln! Anytime you want to meet up for some more Lazlo's, just say the word and we will be there. Next time, let's meet in Omaha so we can show you around there, okay?

cw said...

Great pics (as usual)! Big fan of Lazlo's!

Thank you Jake and Amber - great tour guides.

Beth said...

Aw, Lincoln sounds great, and I agree, visiting everyone's favorite Nebraskans is always a treat, even if KU loses ;)

Loved the pics!!