Monday, November 01, 2010

First Photo Session

Saturday afternoon I had the pleasure and honor of taking some family photos of my friends Pat and Kristin and their little baby boy Elijah. I was super excited about it but also a little nervous, because even though I've taken a million photos in the last few years, I had yet to take any pictures for anyone other than myself. Thankfully though, my subjects were beautiful, the weather was perfect, the setting was lovely, and the late afternoon lighting was great! Everything came together and my first photo session actually went pretty well!

I did a little editing of pictures Saturday night and then some more editing Sunday evening, and although I might still have a little more editing to do, I wanted to at least share the ones I'd picked out so far. I think they turned out pretty good! I put them into a slideshow using Windows Moviemaker, but I didn't have any tunes that seemed like a good match, so I ended up using a random sample song that was on the hard drive of my computer which is totally lame. I need some good ideas for slideshow music!


I had a great time on my first photo shoot and hope to take some more pictures for friends in the near future!!

4 comments:

Gina said...

Great job, Kim!!! What lens did you use???

kjl said...

Gina, these were shot with my favorite lens that I use almost exclusively.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/50mm-f14-afs.htm

vwiese said...

wiese family photos???? LOVE THEM!!! Hey, what about the song "Somewhere over the rainbow" from the Glee soundtrack, it is super cute!!!

Erin said...

fantastic pictures Kim!!!!