Monday, August 16, 2010

The Photo Session

I was initially thinking that my last California post would be about the lunch we had before we left for the airport, but then I decided that our lunch probably wasn't really blog worthy. It was a good lunch, don't get me wrong, but just not super eventful. We walked down to Fatburger from Eric's and I had a great turkey burger while Chad attacked a gigantic burger of monstrous proportions. It was yummy and I liked it lots better than In and Out Burger because there was a great selection and the meat seemed like better quality--but that's just me.

Anyway, while I was looking through the pictures I took of the family at lunch, which were generally pretty horrible because the back lighting was really bad at our outdoor table (which also made them a good Photoshop exercise in how to sort of salvage blown out backgrounds), I came across a series of pictures that my dear husband took when I asked him to take a picture of my brother and me. Instead of taking a picture, he pretty much just held down the shutter release continuously. This was the ridiculous result.

I clearly wasn't ready, and I had no idea my brother was pretending to pick my nose.

Still not ready and completely unaware.

I'm finally smiling instead of talking, not realizing Eric's still picking my nose.

Okay, finally a good one...

...and one more good one.

Now I'm realizing Chad's getting out of control.

Oh boy...

Oh jeesh...


Oh my...

You have to laugh at my hubby's photography skills!


Time with my brother is always entertaining! I'm so glad we were able to go visit him last month!

3 comments:

Erin said...

y'all just look so much alike! now I am hungry for a burger.

cw said...

Perhaps I should take smaller bites of food? That was pretty gross.

As far as my photo essay (titled Genius at Work) of you and Eric... you're welcome.

Fans of your blog can see my entire works at the Getty Museum in LA.

Beth said...

That was great! I've never pulled the old "Pick your family, not your nose" photo trick. Nice one, Eric!

Chad, I'm expecting more great up-and-coming photo session works of art...there will be room at the Nelson-Atkins! Stay local!