Thursday, May 21, 2009

Duck Rescue

I promise I'll write in more detail very soon about the busyness that kept me from blogging, but right now I just have to share a news story that I saw this week on Good Morning America. I don't know why exactly, but this just brings tears to my eyes every time I watch it. Unfortunately, ABC won't let me embed the video here, but you can see the GMA story here and another slightly longer version of the story from World News with Charlie here. I suggest you watch them both--so mesmerizing!

Seriously, I get all choked up when I think about this guy who cared enough to spend his whole day saving these baby ducks and about the mama duck who trusted this person enough to stand by while he caught her babies and the little babies who had enough courage to jump into the waiting hands of a strange human! How did they know to do that? Do you think they just jumped because their mom told them to? I really don't know, but it's just the sweetest thing I've seen in a long time!

Here's another story about the rescue from a local station in Spokane with additional info about how the whole thing transpired; however, I think you should watch one of the stories linked above first because they're much better!



Hooray for banker Joel Armstrong!

No comments: